Friday, April 4, 2008

Yeah!!!! Today is my Birthday #29. I love birthdays. Its a whole day that I can call my own. And its warm today. Wahoo!!! I took Josh over to the park and I told him that the sun came out just for me. hee hee :D I also told him that I'm the luckiest mom in the world because I get to be his mom. I'm excited for tonight because my mom said she would watch Josh for us and pay for us to go to dinner and she gave us movie tickets. SWEET!! Thanks Mom!! I also got a cool book from Jason's parents and $$ from them and both sides of Grandparents. Thank you all! I love my birthdays everyone, they are so grand you see...oh wait, that's a baptism song. But I do love my birthdays. I think I'll always be a kid at heart. I still ride on the back of the grocery cart seeing how fast I can get it to go. :D Today I did cartwheels...and handstands and swung on the swings. Swinging just doesn't have the same appeal to me anymore, what's up with the motion sickness? Oh well, I can still fit down the slides. :D Yesterday we went to the park and flew a kite. That was fun. Then Josh found a soccer ball that had been left there and so we played together. Have you ever watched your child and just been in awe? That was me yesterday. I cannot believe how coordinated he is. He can totally run down the field dribbling the soccer ball. And quickly too. He's 4! Amazing. Now he just has to get over the fact that the actual game of soccer means someone is constantly trying to get the ball from him, that he'll occasionally trip and fall down and that he needs to just get up and keep playing. A few lessons on sportsmanship wouldn't hurt either. :D We're working on it. :D Well toodles for now, I'm off to make lunch for us.

1 comment:

Tara Mc said...

Happy Birthday Melanie! I'm so glad that you had a great day. Your blog looks great. I sent you stuff on it, let me know if you didn't get it. It'll be great to stay in touch with you guys :)