Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Laman and Lemuel Moment

Have you ever had those moments when you just feel a lot like Laman and Lemuel did, thinking...but this is a hard task that you've asked me to do Lord...Well that was me today. I've been asking a prayer for some time now, and the answer is always the same. But I never get the answer as to "why". I would like to classify myself with Adam and say that I'm doing ...just b/c I was commanded to...ya know and then have an angel come and visit me and tell me my wonderful role in this life...or like Nephi being courageous and break out into song..."I wil go I will do the things the Lord commands..." But that just wasn't me today. I wasn't humble and submissive to the answer I was given and I wasn't bold and courageous, full of faith. I was complaining and fussing that I don't want to do what You want me to do. I like being in my comfort zone. So I was feeling like this all day, until tonight. And I went to my training (WFG) and a light clicked on in my head from something that one of the trainers said and it was awesome. So now I feel like I can be more like Nephi and Adam and stop pestering the Lord with questions He's already answered. :D

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey guys, I just found you. Matt said that Jason is one of his facebook friends, but Matt hasn't done a whole lot with it lately. It has been really fun to find new bloggin buddies. Our blog is private, I will send you an invite if you get a chance to send your email my way. Mine is amyence@gmail.com

Becca said...

hey Melanie... Fun to have found your blog! I was happy that day I found Jason on facebook!!! I'd love to hear an update on you guys!!Still in provo, doing massage...fill me in!!!Send me an email!!!