Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Proud Moments for Mom

Yesterday I let Josh go over to the park with his friends Lincoln and Daniel and their mom Stephanie. She was flying kites with them. I came over about a half hour later and she told me that Josh had been playing with another little boy that was being mean to him. She told me that Josh told the little boy in a very kind tone something to the effect of "it would be a lot better if you were nice. I want to play with you but I don't like you being mean. Please stop being mean" She said that the other little boy kind of sat there with a confused/surprised look on his face and said "ok". Yeah for good manners!!!!! -I've really been trying to work with Josh on not being bossy and yelling etc. I was so proud. Then today Lincoln and Daniel were over here and they were starting a movie, Josh and Lincoln were watching but Danieal was more interested in the toys-a noisy one. It was disturbing Josh so he very kindly asked Daniel not to play with that toy because it was really loud. Daniel said "ok." So kudos to Josh for learning how to get his way in an appropriate way!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a great feeling when *something* gets through to them?! So often, I feel like I'm talking to a burning house...