Friday, July 31, 2009

Mr Goldilocks right here, thank you very much

So Goldilocks was still in the baby bears' bed when they showed up and that is kind of like me.

So I promised Josh that I would take him to Seven Peaks because my work was having a work party with food, swimming, and a 50 foot movie once it got dark. Well I was really excited to be going over at 6pm for this. He has been at my mother-in-laws because Melanie is out of town at girls camp. Well between Wed night getting 45 mins of sleep (I was helping Melanie get packed) and Tues night only getting 4 hrs of sleep, I was pretty exhausted. Usually at my two am job I am able to sleep too because the calls don't come constantly. But yesterday my phone broke at home and wouldn't work, so instead of working at home I had to go into work, and that means no sleep. So this is just painting the picture as to how incredibly tired I was yesterday. So I got home late because of all of this as well (in fact I had to grab my Spitz sunflower seeds just to make sure I would stay awake), and then had to fix my computer problem. Well by two o'clock in the afternoon after having had 4.75 hrs of sleep in almost 3 days I was wiped out. I went to sleep right away, as in within about 3.5 seconds of laying down.

I woke up in a daze as to why it was so dark, I had set my alarm for 5 o'clock, and was really confused that it hadn't gone off. I looked at the clock and it read 9:15pm AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. Oh no, Josh is going to be soooo upset, so I called immediately over to my mother-in-laws and her phone is busy, I try the other line and she answers. She had just got the phone book out and was calling the police to find out if I was okay. I had missed something like 13 calls on our home phone and like 4-5 calls on the cell phone. I talked to Josh and he was so kind and understanding, I told him that we would go to the Veteran's park today, just he and I, and he was totally cool with that. He was noticeably unhappy about the whole thing though. I felt so bad. I usually don't flake like that, but I guess my body took over and told me who was boss. So I am looking forward to enjoying the day with him after my morning nap.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Its OK Sweetheart!! Thank you so much for helping me! You are so amazing and you work so hard for our family! Sure love you!

teresa said...

Sheesh... I yawned just reading that (not because it was boring, but because I could feel that tiredness)! Hope you feel better today!