Friday, October 2, 2009

Harvest Time!!

So this is our 3rd Year of planting a garden. 2 years ago, we did pretty well. We did a salsa garden and were able to get a good crop. Last year, not so much. We hardly got anything. But this year has been fantastic so it was time to make salsa again. I have an amazing recipe from my good friend and neighbor Stephanie, you may remember her from my downstairs plumbing post...but she not only plumbs, "She can cook too!", (brownie points if anyone can name that musical). We had a multitude of tomatoes so she helped me blanch and cut them up. This year's salsa was made easier with my wonderful and amazing BOSCH!!! Cutting up 15 onions was never so easy! As well as the peppers. It made it so much better and cut the time by I'm sure more than half! Plus, ya know, cooking/canning is just so much better with good company! Another neighbor Marnie, dropped by with some wonderful home-made chocolate chip cookies. They were de-LISH! and gone in about 2.5 seconds! The salsa was mouth watering...until I cooked it and scorched it.. BLAH! But luck would have it that it now just tastes like a little smoke flavor was added and is still quite lip smacking! -We need more CHIPS! ;D


Posted by Picasa

No comments: