Monday, November 17, 2008

Calvin and Hobbes


We took the truck over to the shop to get some things fixed. Its pretty close to our house but Josh was complaining that he was tired so I brought the umbrella stroller in case he didn't feel like walking. I had just pulled him out of bed so he was a little cranky and of course needed to bring his stuffed Lion with him.

After leaving the autoshop, Josh decided that he wanted to let his Lion ride in the stroller and he would push it. It made me think of Calvin and Hobbes because for the next hour we went walking around the neighborhood playing at a couple of different parks and Josh did not want to take the stroller home because he wanted his lion to come with. The Lion sat patiently in the stroller while Josh swung on the swings and chased Dakota around and climbed on the big guns (military guns in memorial park). It was really funny.

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

Melanie, I read your post about your friend on google reader. I came on here to make a comment, and I saw that you removed it. I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry about your "friend". In all the years I have known you, I know we were never really close friends, but from all of our interactions together I just want to let you know that I think you are one of the most kind, generous, and genuine people I have known. Why people do and say things that are hurtful I have no idea, but it sounds like, from your end, you were offering only yourself and true friendship. Friends like that are hard to come by, so I hope that even though this girl hurt you, you won't let it affect future relationships you might have. While she took it for granted, I'm sure there are so many others that would value and cherish a friendship like that. I know I would :o) Keep your head up, you are a great person!