Friday, November 7, 2008

My Amazing Husband

So this week has been a rough one. On monday I "tossed my cookies" (name that movie) 5 times. I was so weak and frustrated from being so sick. I told Jason how I was doing and told him in tears that the house was a mess and I didn't have dinner made. He told me not to worry about it and that he will come home and take care of me. So we grabbed some take out and came home, but I couldn't keep the food down. So he got me some apple sauce and that seemed to work. Then I took a bath and he read to me. (One of my favorite things for him to do. His voice is so soothing to me) Once I got out of the tub we moved to the bedroom and he continued to read to me a Josh. It was so wonderful. Then on Tuesday, I was able to keep food down but was feeling very weak and still nauseated. That night, I didn't have dinner made either and when I told Jason that Josh just had a bowl of cereal for dinner, he said he was fine with that. -What a sweetheart! On Wednesday I was feeling pretty good, so I baked bread and made home-made pizza and breadsticks. Then Thursday night a good friend called me at 6 and asked if we'd eaten dinner yet, (I was just planning to have left-overs) so she brought us yummy home-made chicken noodle soup and bread and brownies and then she stayed and helped me clean...deep clean (walls and ceilings). So I feel very blessed this week that even though I haven't felt the greatest, I've had a VERY understanding and sweet husband to help take care of me and some great friends to help me out. Thanks Erin! and Shalee. and of course thank you sweetheart for making me the luckiest woman in the world to be married to such an amazing husband. I love you.

3 comments:

Mark, Jesi and Taylor and Madison said...

Yeah for GREAT Husbands!

Jacqui said...

I second the motion. And you deserve it. Making a baby is tough stuff.

Rebecca said...

So sorry you've been sick Melanie! Glad you got some help. I hope you're feeling better soon!!