Monday, November 10, 2008

Josh's First Primary Program

I always enjoy the primary program each year. The children do such a great job and its so fun to see their energy and their beautiful smiles as they say their part and sing the songs. But this year was extra special because it was Josh's first time. We had only practiced his lines for 2 Sundays. When he got up there Sis. Shapiro asked if he needed help and he said no. But he stood there for a minute and he looked at me. I gave him the cue for his 1st part by mouthing the word to him so he just looked at me to prompt him when he got stuck. I was so proud of him. He said it slowly enough that you could understand him and he talked in a normal voice...(while practicing he often went really fast and would use silly voices so I was a little concerned). His lines were "After this earthlife is over and my body dies, I will one day be resurrected. Because of Jesus Christ's atonement I will be able to live with Heavenly Father again." All I had to prompt him was the words "After", "one day" and "because". It was so sweet. The rest of the time he had a hard time sitting still. He didn't sing a whole lot but he swung his arms back and forth to the beat of the song and he would say "bop" to the words. He was the percussion for the music. LOL...our little beat-boxer. After church we asked him why he didn't sing very much. He said he didn't know the words, only a few of them. So I told Jason, I need to do better next year at helping him know the songs. The Spirit was really strong in the meeting and touched my heart. Its awesome that we can know at such a young age that we are "chilren of God"!

2 comments:

The Pugmire's said...

Isn't it so fun to watch your kids grow in the gospel? It also brings such pride when they do well! Good job Josh and good job at raising a good little man Jason and Melanie.

Lake Family est. 2006 said...

That was really sweet. I love primary - Kids are amazing! I hope you are feeling well these days! Have a beautiful day!