Monday, June 30, 2008

Sacrifices to make a good impression...LOL

So we have a new student living with us. Her name is Suna (pronounced Sona) She's from Seoul, Korea. In preperation for her coming I wanted to get the sink changed downstairs. We put a new sink upstairs and wanted to move the old one from upstairs down, b/c the one downstairs was cracked all the way across. Well...me being the novice plumber...wait I don't think I can even say I'm that experienced. So we'll just say, me trying to be a novice plumber, invited a friend over to help me...a REAL novice plumber :) Stephanie. Boy were we in for a day!! Well first of all, I thought it was going to be a very simple, unhook the hoses, take the old sink out, put new sink in, hook the hoses back up. HA HA...yeah not like that at all...we had a few hick-ups in our operation. I didn't realize that the sink from upstairs was an 1 1/2 in. taller than the one downstairs. They look identical. But we finally figured that all out after a few trips to the hardware store and a try at the skillsaw, plus a few more calls to friends and family I finally got it put together...just only about 30 mins before our student arrived. THANKS STEPHANIE for all your help!! You're awesome! I was still trying to clean up all the messes in the mean time. So I was a sweaty ugly mess as I welcomed our new student. Oh well. She's very sweet. She's really good with little kids so she and Josh get along great. We'll only have her for 2 months. She's the most advanced student we've had so far. Her english is great and her ability to understand is awesome. Its makes it easier on us! :D

(Pic#1 Steph holding the water hoses b/c we couldn't get the water to stop leaking...(I ended up having to turn the waterheater
connection off)
Pic #2 What I pulled out of the drain from the old sink from upstairs...it had been sitting for a while...NASTY!!!
Pic # 3 The missing screw...I was looking all over for it....yeah it stays attached to the hose. That's when you just have to laugh at yourself.)

No comments: