Friday, June 13, 2008

A Tribute to my Brother Blaine...June 12 1974-June 8 2006

This has been a challenging week for me...remembering my brother (he died in a plane crash two years ago this week) and then also dealing with Jason being hurt. Plus I haven't had my sweet Josh to love and take care of b/c he's been down in CO with his cousins. So, needless to say, I've been very emotional. (Yea!!, Josh came home yesterday, Thank you Dad for picking him up!!!)
I am so grateful that even and especially, through trials, we can see the Lord's hand in our lives. These 4 precious children and their sweet mommy are people that I count as gifts in my life. Gifts given to help me know who my brother was and is in this life. I cherish the relationships that I have with them.
I'm so grateful for the man that my brother was and was trying to become. He had a strong testimony and he strived to do what is right. I wasn't very close to him when he was alive. But I know that he cared about me, and that he loved me. I'm so grateful that he chose such an amazing woman to be his wife. (I love you Nicole!) I count her as my sister.
Thank you Heavenly Father for the gifts I have been given in my life, especially the people that mean so much to me. Thank you for my Savior that allows me to repent and gives the gift of life that I may see all those that go before me...and after me. ;D
2 Years ago Nicole started a tradition of sending off helium balloons to the heavens as a birthday gift for her kids to send to their daddy. (He was found on his 32nd Birthday). So we did it again yesterday on his birthday. It was really sweet to watch the kids let them go...and to do it myself. Here's a clip of the last balloon that we let go. I had the kids all hold it together.
If you want to join in the tradition, no matter where you are in the world...just let a balloon go on June 12th next year. You can do it for anyone that you've loved and lost. (Which for the Pugmire's is not a few) ;D

2 comments:

Tara Mc said...

Ya know, it's ironic how things sometimes happen. I went with my mom to the temple and I put your name on the prayer roll. You'd asked me to and I had finally made a trip to the temple to do it. Funny how I had done it right in the middle of all of your "fun". Know that we're thinking of you. I'm so proud of your attitude in the face of trials. I love you Mel, you're doing great!

Grandma Sony said...

Yes, I'm crying now - couldn't get Blaine - and Nicole - and children - and love - and family - and blessings out of my mind last week. I, like you, am grateful for all that is ours, particularly the knowledge of family togetherness, of atonement, and much, much more. I have so enjoyed sharing your blog with you. Thanks for sharing - you are amazing and such an example ! Love you, Sonja