Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gifts of the Spirit

Church was fantastic today. In RS we talked about the gifts of the spirit. I took the opportunity to read the lesson this morning...one good thing about having church at 1pm. I loved what Joseph Smith said about how most gifts are received in the quiet moments...not for show or granduer. But to be received and used to build the kingdom. I've thought a lot about what my spiritual gift(s) might be. Its humbling to think about being used as a tool for so great a cause. I'm so grateful for the gifts that I've been given and for the gifts that other's have that have benefited me. What a wonderful plan and purpose the Lord has for each of us. I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father's love for me and His hand in my life.

1 comment:

King Arthur said...

Interesting thought about gifts being received in the quiet moments...and the purpose they're for...

Give me something to think about.

Thanks Melanie.

Ryan