Friday, May 2, 2008

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Ok...I feel better now

The title of this tells how I feel right now. I'm grumpy b/c we got some frustrating news today. But after a little venting...I'm feeling better. So yesterday I went up to my sis-in-laws to watch her kids and it was great. The kids were good and Josh had fun playing with his cousins. I got to read pretty much the whole day...not a whole lot to do when you spend 11 hours at somebody else's house. But I realized something when I was up there and it hits me everytime I go to her house as well as my mom-in-law's. Their homes are beautiful...not that they have extravagances that I'm coveting...but their houses are very well put together. They are really well organized, everything has a place and everything is in its place. Then I come home to my house and it feels like a never ending project. Nothing is finished...not even in the front two rooms. The basement drives me crazy b/c its unfinished, no ceiling, cinder block walls etc. It just made me realize that if my house was a finished product...it would reduce a lot of stress in my life. So today, I'm being really ambitious and starting where I need to start...which is the garage. We're having company over tonight for a BBQ..gotta love the beautiful weather today!! So I spent the morning cleaning my house...but now I'm heading out to the garage to see how much I can pile into a "get rid of" pile. I'm really wanting to do a "CLEAN SWEEP" of my house....ya know, if you're familiar with the show...take everything out and then go through all of it and only put back in the house what is absolutely necessary or special. Its going to be fun!!! Anyway I better get going. I only have 2.5 hours to work on it.

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

Good luck with your project! I totally agree, a put together house is a happy house! Can't wait to hear about your progress!