Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Nation

There are far too many people out there that follow the herd, or the supposed shepherd...baaa baaa. Why is this the case with so many that are out there. Do we "hurt" too much so that we must "drown" our lives in The Office, and Lost? Do we have nothing more to talk about than what the last episode was about. What about the economy, our nation (the greatest on the earth) going downhill very fast, or the way in which we can take part to make a difference. There are too many our age, and all of the other ages for that matter that do nothing and get the huge dividends that nothing offers. What a joke. We must stand up for what we believe, whatever side it is on, and we must not allow apathy to kill us and destroy everything that we as a nation have been able to become. I love this country for all that it offers in opportunity, expression, freedom, and religion (or lack therof). Let's stand together and become better! Let us become the Americans that I know we can become. Let us get out of our chairs and vote and make a difference. Do your part. I will do mine! And if not, go somewhere else where the rest of the people don't care enought to say anything there either. Go "take advantage" (or disadvantage as I would call it) of what they (meaning other nations) have to offer. It doesn't even compare. I am American, and I am proud to be part of the greatest land in the world. I am American and I can and DO make a difference. I am American, and I love this country!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love you Sweetheart!!! I love that you are so patriotic. I love being married to you! Thank you for being passionate about all the right things!

Natty + Tacia said...

Well done Jason, and thanks for the comment. Funny story about the whole The Office/Lost thing, we had some friends over on Saturday and one of them asked us about who we were voting for president and it took about an hour to get anyone else talking in a room of 10 people. :)

Tara Mc said...

Absolutely beautiful Jason! Have you ever thought of going into politics? You could do that when you aren't writing your books.:)

Jason said...

Yes I have thought about politics before. And I have realized that my abilities/disabilities are going to be better used in other areas. I think that many people start off in politics with the right reasons, and then they end up making some agreement with someone to do something, and we know how many of those turn out. You know special interest groups that pay a lot of money for their one specific interest, that is specific to them and not to the general public. I am very patriotic, but the politics are for others who want that life. I do not want that, though I do want change, so I will do my part on a much smaller level. Thank you for thinking highly enough about me though to think that I could qualify for that.