Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary # 10 For Jason & Melanie

I can hardly believe it but today is our Anniversary. Ten years ago today Jason and I were driving down to Manti together sharing our patriarchal blessings with each other, stopping at McDonald's for a burger to make sure we'd have energy and not be cranky and @ 2pm in the afternoon in the Manti Temple, Jason and I were sealed for time and all eternity. The weather was gorgeous, and our family and friends were stuffed into the sealing room. It was a white wedding b/c we were sealed in the Emerald room that is right off the Celestial Room. It was so beautiful. We did a session b4 the sealing, Mom and Dad Crane were the witness couple. Those who couldn't attend the session just met us in the sealing room after. The spirit was so strong that I couldn't keep from getting teary eyed. In our video you could see how extremely happy we were. We could hardly kiss at first b/c our smiles were so BIG! But, we figured it out...haha We were kissing almost the whole video. We had a beautiful dinner at a bed and breakfast there in Manti and then we headed up to Provo for our first night together. Mom Pug put us up in a hotel b/c she said that NO-One should spend their wedding night in their apartment. :D lol. Our Reception was the next day and then on Sunday night we left for Mammoth Lakes, CA for our honeymoon (provided by Mur mur and Mur Far Broman) And that was the beginning of our marriage... What an ADVENTURE it has been. The Lord really had His hand in my life when He picked Jason for me!!! I have put him through HELL and back and he has been there for me every step of the way. I am the luckiest bride in the world!
So reasons I adore Jason (in no particular order):
1. His gentle and loving eyes
2. His BIG laugh!
3. His dry and not so dry sense of humor.
4. His work ethic
5. His GREAT Legs! -very sexy!
6. His beautiful smile
7. His spontenuity and playfulness
8. His willingness to serve
9. His testimony
10. That he's an Honorable Priesthood Holder
11. His Great Listening Skills
12. His Great "Daddy" Skills!!
13. The fact that Josh wants to grow up and be like him! "cuz he's cool!"
14. That he dances with me and can still sweep me off my feet.
15. Our deep conversations...how we can REALLY talk!
16. Forgiving Heart. -He is incapable of holding a grudge!
17. His singing, both tenderly and silly! :D
18. His belief in ME!
19. How he gets EXCITED about things. Its SO cute!
20. The fact that he loves and adores me. :D
21. Man of MANY talents!! He can read a book on how to do something and then go do it.
22. He's my handy man!
23. His willingness to Sacrifice so much for me and Josh!
24. He's a great Brother...he has a great relationship with each of his siblings.
25. He's a very loyal friend, to me and all the rest of his friends.
26. He's athletic.
27. He treats me like a QUEEN!
28. That he randomly buys me cute dresses, just so I can feel pretty!
29. He defends me if someone has something neg to say about me.
30. He randomly buys me flowers...just to say "I love you" & b/c I like them. (esp wild flowers)

Thank you sweetheart for adding so much to my life. I love you with All of my heart. xoxo

3 comments:

Tara Mc said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats on ten years down-a million more to go :)

Bryan and Jessica said...

I can't believe ten years has already gone by! that is so awesome! you have the cutest famiy! how are things going for you guys? Congrats on ten years and many more to look forward too!

Bryan and Jessica said...

melanie- I just tagged you! Ha, Ha! Just copy the questions onto your blog. I can't wait to hear your answers. Good luck.