Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting to know me, the "other" blogger Jason

So yesterday I had an interesting conversation with the CEO of my company. This is for your consideration. He mentioned that there are 3 levels of intimacy in relationship, friendships, and others. I brought to his attention, "you mean like water-skiing, snorkeling, and scuba diving". He said yes. I continued the analagy last night with a good friend of mine Ben. I told him that I love water skiing, and snorkeling, but have never been scuba diving. In relationships I believe that I am almost the same... I almost never go scuba diving. Why? you might ask, well though the beauty (so I hear and have seen in pictures) at 60 feet is spectacular, there are inherant dangers in it. Just to mention a few... The pressure becomes immense, your air could run out, you have to know what you are doing, especially going into caves, etc. Well I truly love to snorkel, it is amazingly beautiful and "less risky"? My CEO actually asked me, how are you supposed to accomplish what you want to if you aren't warm enough for others to acutally know? I thought that this was an extremely valid point. So to the start of getting to know me a little bit better, I propose that you ask a question, and I will provide an honest, and hopefully insightful answer that will help you know me a little better. I am also interested in getting to know each of you a little bit better. Online I believe it difficult to know someone at a "scuba" level, but certainly not difficult at a snorkeling level.

3 comments:

Nan said...

I think that it is great getting to know the "other" blogger.
What sport would you liked to have learned how to play that you didn't?

Jason said...

I really never learned to play basketball very well at all. I think that was because I could never breathe, so it was easier to not play. But I didn't really know the rules either.

On another note. I would say that I would learn the sport of communication too. It seems that this truly is a sport, one that I didn't know very well growing up. I would have learned that to communicate effectively is far more important than to not, and even more important than many/most/all other sports. I think that communicating effectively also takes the form of writing, and especially the non-verbal. Wow, the non-verbal is probably the most amazing stuff too. This is the stuff that kings are made of...just kidding. We must learn, should we make anything of ourselves, to communicate.

Tara Mc said...

Wow, have you ever considered writing a book? You have an amazing way of expressing yourself. Very good analogy too. That could be used in so many different aspects of life. I don't really have any particular questions but it will be fun to read future insights.