Sunday, August 31, 2008

Education Week! I HIGHLY recommend it!

When we heard about education week at the beginning of August, we were at Jason's nephew's baby blessing. He leaned over to me and said "you're going". I smiled and said "oh yeah?!" He told me that I should. He didn't have to twist my arm. I LOVE Ed-week. My mom got me addicted to it when I was 14. So she did what her mom did for her and took Josh for me that week so I could go. I planned out my courses for everyday, some I would be going to the full series (all 4 days) and others were just here and there. You can take 10 classes a day and so I ended up going to 34 for the week. I was a wee bit worn out by the end of it, but so incredibly armed with ideas and its been really fun to start implementing them. My favorite overall class was "How to be an Influencer", #2 "How to teach your children to be Leaders" #3 Several different classes on how to be Abundant financially. (That was fun because most of it is what my company teaches and was just a reconfirmation of what we do for people to help them win financially) #4 How to take less time but get more accomplished in keeping house!
I also met up with some old friends and met new friends. It was wonderful.

4 comments:

Bryan and Jessica said...

sounds like you had a blast! i have never been, but would love to go sometime! okay, those girls in your pictures are so familiar to me. what is there names it is driving me crazy! we use to play with them when we were little, right? i am glad you had fun and learned a lot! (you will have to give me some pointers)

Bryan and Jessica said...

Mel- i got tagged again twice! so, i tagged you again twice!i am so sorry! good luck with them.....

Tara Mc said...

Oh Melanie, I'm so excited that you got to go. I went once when I was about 16 and loved it. I am so happy for you because I have somewhat of an idea what kinds of feelings you have right now. I recognize almost everyone in the pictures, does John still remember you? What a great experience. Mom and I are headed out today to go to Time Out For Women in Logan.

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you got to go to this Melanie! I had really wanted to, but it just didn't work out this year. Hopefully next year.