Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Joy....Josh

Because I was at the temple for a while I hadn't spent any quality time with Josh. So, when I put him down for his nap, I had the thought to tell him the stories about Jesus. I think I take for granted that just because I've studied His life and know the stories, Josh isn't going to automatically know them. So I started with the little girl that He raised from the dead and then the woman that had the issue of blood and then the man that was blind and his daughter brought him to Jesus. Every time I would get done with a story, Josh wanted to hear another one. So I told him the story of the 10 lepers. (First explaining a little bit what leprosy is) I told him how all 10 were so excited to be healed, but only 1 turned back to the Lord and thanked Him. I told him about how important it is to be grateful for the blessings that Jesus and Heavenly Father give us. By the look on his face it seemed to sink in, then he said."Jesus says 'Peace' all the time. And He can help me if I see a scary... (I can't remember what he said, I think it was like a bug or something like that) and if I fall down and get a big scrape he can help it feel better. He has power." I said "Yes, Josh he does." Then Josh told me, "I love you Mommy." "I love you too Sweetheart."
I'm so lucky to be a mom. In this, I see a part of my patriarchal blessing being fulfilled, "no accomplishment on this earth will equal the joys that you will find in your home teaching your children in righteousness." Josh truly is my joy! -but it does say childREN meaning plural....I do have hope for more. :D

2 comments:

Carson and Kandi Lee said...

It's me again, sorry to use up space with my silly comments, but I just think you are a great mom and deserve to have more kids! What a neat experience, to follow a prompting and have such a tender teaching moment with your child. I had a similar experience, and those are the times you know the spirit is teaching and not you. Luv Kandi

Brady said...

Hey guys! It was good to hear from you on our blog. Melanie asked me to email, but I don't think I have the address!

Merry Christmas! Keep popping in on us. We love getting in touch with old friends!