Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Uplifting Enlightenment

I've had a really hard week. I've really been struggling with depression. I think it's mainly hormonally based but none the less it's been very difficult having a dark cloud over me and not having the energy to do something about it. I really feel sorry for those that deal with this on a continual basis. Satan really uses this as a tool to make me feel like everything I've done wrong in my life still hangs over my head and that even though I've repented it doesn't matter. Even though in my head I know he's lying, its really hard to not feel the weight of it. So today, I got a babysitter and went to the temple.
The session was wonderful. I felt the spirit throughout it, but there was a point where I felt that weight again, and I felt myself doubting His power to make my sins as if they never happened. In my head its a battle of belief and doubt. So as I went into the celestial room, I sat down and began to pray. After praying I looked up to the picture of Christ. My heart was full with gratitude for what He's done for me. Then the phrase that you hear just before entering the celestial room came to my mind. I felt a rush of the spirit and knew that I indeed was in the presence of my Savior. I knew that I could not be in His presence if I wasn't pure. I knew that it was because of Him that I am pure. Because He loves me. ME. I'm so grateful for His tender mercies. I'm grateful for the way He teaches and shows me of His plan for me. I'm so grateful to be blessed with the gospel in my life. I'm grateful for the beautiful people that I call my friends and my wonderful family. Thank you Heavenly Father!

1 comment:

Carson and Kandi Lee said...

Melanie you are wonderful and I am so impressed that you go to the temple regularly. Good for you. You are exactly right you wouldn't be able to be there if you didn't deserve to be there. Our Savior loves you and has forgotten any and everything that we have repented for. I have felt the same. We can remember them still, because we are human but the Savior has the power and ability to forgive and FORGET. How neat. I miss and love you. Kandi