Thursday, April 30, 2009

Change in Jobs for Jason

Many of you know that I have lost my full time job. But I have been able to get additional hours at Ancestry.com. I used to work at Nomen Global Language Centers, but was laid off back at the end of February. It has felt like the Lord's hands have been guiding and directing us. This has been a good change for me too. While we were on our vacation in CA, Melanie and I felt that I might lose my job. So we were prepared for what was coming when we got back and went into work on Monday. Just the Thursday before Melanie said something like, you know Jason maybe now is the time that we could consider you working in the financial planning industry. That really threw me off because we had prayed about it several years prior to that point and the answer was no. However, Melanie and I have prayed and fasted and felt that now the answer was yes. So I just started my training a few weeks back so that I can become a financial planner. I have been studying for my life insurance exam, the testing center has now postponed my test twice. I am glad that I have had the extra time to study.

What a great blessing it is to have the Lord in our lives to guide us and bless us when we most need Him.

No comments: