Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Having a 6 almost 7 yr old little romeo made Valentine's extra special.  Josh asked me the night before if I'd be his Valentine...who can resist that?  His next question was, "So what are you going to do for me?"  Haha  I told him that I would make him and Daddy and very special Valentine's Dinner.  So I made steak and baked potato wedges with steamed broccoli and for dessert we had hand dipped chocolate strawberries.  It was a fun and easy meal to make and then the boys did the dishes.  Because it was Valentine's FHE, I did a very short lesson on "Love" that our Savior has for us by using the song "Love One Another" and the scriptures that go with it.  For the activity I made a Valentine's Memory game.  It was simple and made a hit with Josh.  So I was pleased.  Jason had the day off so we got to hang out.  It was really nice.  I'm glad there's a day to celebrate love.  Even if you don't have a "lover" there's always someone to love and serve!  So...who did you get to serve on Valentine's Day?    

2 comments:

Bryan and Jessica said...

mel~
looks like you guys are doing so good! your little josh is growing up so fast and he is the perfect valentines :) your kids are adorable!

Melanie said...

Thanks Jess. How's the adoption process going? Any luck yet?