Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Joshua!!! Big #6

Dear Joshua,
   6 years ago today, you made me a mom.  It was an amazing experience.  You were a very good baby and started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old.  You smiled easily at everyone and brightened any room.  You are sweet and considerate and thoughtful.  You are amazingly athletic.  I love to watch you dance and listen to you beat box.  I love your testimony and the wonderful prayers that you say.  I love how you shadow your daddy.  I love the he's your best friend in the whole world.  I love what a great big brother you are to Aliya. I love that you think she is the best sister in the whole world, she is so lucky!  I love that your favorite chore is your "Help" chore.  I love that you are so observant.  I love how quickly you make friends with everyone and that you're a natural leader.  I love that you love to learn and are so enthralled with nature and science.  I love that you can cook eggs and toast all by yourself and that you look for ways to serve me and the family. I love that you want to be good and do what's right.  I love that you make me little valentines and love notes and draw me pictures.  I love that you call me on the intercom just to tell me you love me.   You are such an amazing son.  I love you so much!  Thank you for blessing my life so much.  Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

I can't believe your little man is old! That was a sweet letter.

Tausha Marie said...

Oh Mel, I just decided to look at your blog for a second and it's making me really miss you and your family. We love you guys so much. I can't wait till I get to see you again. Happy Birthday Josh!! :-)